The National Health Insurance Management Authority (NHIMA) is established pursuant to section 4 of the National Health Insurance Act No. 2 of 2018.
The compulsory National Health Insurance scheme seeks to provide for a sound and reliable healthcare financing for Zambian households and the entire health sector. This will seal the resource
The functions of NHIMA are as follows: of the Authority is to:
• implement and operate the National Health Insurance Scheme,
• manage the National Health Insurance Fund
• accredit health insurance healthcare providers
• develop a comprehensive benefits package to be accessed by members.
• register & issue membership cards to members and facilitate member access to quality health service.